You are headed to Las Vegas and you are looking for that perfect place with a great view to enjoy a drink. This review of the best bars in Vegas with a view should help you. There is nothing like having a cocktail and getting looking over the Las Vegas Strip. Surprisingly there aren’t as many places to get a good strip view as you would think. For a town with as many sights and lights as Las Vegas you would think you would have dozens of options but that’s not the case. Still there are some real solid options to get a drink and enjoy the Vegas skyline. We were going to set a price range for each place but just count on expensive. A view isn’t cheap in Vegas, or is anything else.
Updated 2018/09/03 – The Mandarin Oriental has been purchased by The Waldorf Astoria.
Best Bars in Vegas with a View
Many people ask what is the best time to witness the Vegas skyline and that really is a matter of preference. During the day you really get an idea on how massive the buildings and attractions are. It’s something that at night is almost hidden or obscured by the lights. At night obviously the lights are an amazing sight to see and a must do when in Vegas. A third great time is at sundown itself. There is something really special about watching the strip lights come on as the sun dips behind the horizon. We will show you a few photos of each prospective.
Skyfall Lounge at The Delano
The Skyfall Lounge sits atop of the 64th floor at The Delano at the south end of the Vegas strip. The lounge gives you an amazing 180 degree of Vegas from the south. The video above is not ours but it gives you a great shot of the view.
- Location: 3940 S Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Hours: Daily 5 pm – 12:00 am
- Dress: Smart Casual
- Cover: No
- Website: Skyfall Lounge
Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay
The Foundation Room sits on the 63rd Floor of Mandalay Bay at the south end of the strip. Not exactly a club or a bar it’s described as more of a high end lounge. The photo above is a typical view that you will expect to see from the balcony view. Your view is looking down towards MGM and up the strip towards the bend at The Paris. There is a cover charge which you reportedly do not have to pay if you dine there.
- Location: 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Hours: Daily 5 pm – Close
- Dress: Smart Casual which means no shorts, sandals, hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, sports apparel, tank tops, sneakers and athletic shoes.
- Cover: $30, Reported free access if you dine at the restaurant.
- Website: Foundation Room
Sky Bar at The Waldorf Astoria
The Mandarin Bar has been renamed to The SkyBar as the property has been purchased by The Waldorf Astoria. The SkyBar is located on the 23rd floor of the The Waldorf Astoria hotel which sits just in front of the Aria Hotel and Casino. While it may not sit as high as the two bars to the south the view is stunning. The glass to ceiling walls give an impressive view. There is also a tea room located next door if you are looking for a different experience with a view. Not our video we found this gem on YouTube.
- Location: 3752 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89158
- Hours: Sun – Thurs (4:00 – 1:00 am), Friday – Sat (4:00 – 2:00 am)
- Dress: Casual but not set. People report that you don’t want to be undressed as in flip flops and a tank top.
- Cover: No
- Website: The Waldorf Astoria
107 SkyLounge at The Stratosphere
Does a 360 degree view from the 107th floor of the Stratosphere have you interested? You won’t catch another view of Vegas like this. The Strat is located fairly north of the strip and not a good idea to walk to at night. It’s a short Uber or Lyft. Admission is free and it’s highly recommended to visit at happy hour and see the sun set over Vegas.
- Location: 2000 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Hours: Daily from 4pm – 3am
- Dress: Casual dress.
- Cover: No
- Website: 107 SkyLounge
VooDoo Lounge at The Rio
The VooDoo Lounge is located off the strip at The Rio Hotel and Casino. The photo above is from our 2015 trip. We did VooDoo Zipline package from Groupon and had free entry to the bar. You get a great view of the strip from the rear.
- Location: 3700 W. Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89103
- Hours: Sun.-Thurs. (8 PM – 2 AM) – Fri.-Sat. (8 PM – 3 AM)
- Dress: Casual dress.
- Sun – Thurs – $10 Women/$20 Men
- Fri – Sat – $20 Women/$30 Men
- Website: VooDoo Lounge
High Roller at The LINQ
High Roller is a 550-foot tall Ferris wheel located at the back of the LINQ Promenade. We are including it because you can do the Happy Half Hour all you can drink package or from views buy a drink in the bar and take it with you. It takes a half an hour to rotate and you get a 360 degree view of Vegas from the west side of the strip. We have done the ride during the day, dusk and night. We enjoyed them all.
- Location: 3545 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Daytime Pass – 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Anytime / Night Pass – until 2:00 a.m.
- Dress: None
- Cover: See website as there are different packages for day/night and drinking package. See Groupon or Travel Zoo for deals.
- Website: High Roller
These are probably your best go to lounges, clubs and attractions for getting a great view of Las Vegas while enjoying a cocktail. There are many other places along the strip where you can get a lower view. Check out places such as The Eiffel Tower Restaurant at the Paris and The Giada at The Cromwell and the Beer Park. Please let us know if we should add any more places.