The Volcano at The Mirage is one of the most popular free attractions located on the Vegas Strip. The current schedule of The Volcano at The Mirage can be found here as well a photos, videos and fun facts. The volcano opened in 1989 and has undergone a number of changes since then. Most notably a 25 million renovation in 1989. The Mirage Volcano was designed by WET who also designed the Bellagio Fountains.
The Volcano at The Mirage Schedule
The schedule of The Mirage Volcano has changed effective April, 2018. It no longer goes off at 10:00 pm on weekends. The following schedule has been taken from The Mirage website. It should also be noted that the show may be cancelled due to high winds and times are approximate.
The current schedule is as follows: Daily 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM, 9:00 PM
Best Places to View the Volcano at The Mirage
The Volcano is one of the more busy attractions on the strip. Since the number of times the volcano erupts has been scaled back the crowds can be quite busy. There are a number of different places to view the Volcano show at The Mirage.
- If you have a Strip View room on the 14th floor or higher at The Mirage. We recently had a 24th floor with a perfect view of the Volcano but there is something about the experience up close that is much better.
- The Sidewalk right on the Strip itself. This is the busiest spot and you can expect large crowds.
- A hidden gem is right across from The Valet at the front doors of The Mirage. There seems to be more and more people picking up on this place so it too may be busier than expected. From the photo below you can see how close to the Volcano you can can get from Valet Parking area.
The view of the Mirage Volcano from the Valet Parking at the Mirage.
Random Facts About The Mirage Volcano
- The show last about four and a half minutes.
- The music is by Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart, and Zakir Hussain created specifically for the eruption.
- The Mirage fills the air with a Pina Colada scent to mask the smell of natural gas from the explosions.
- There are 120 fire shooters which are capable of sending fire 60 feet into the air.
Photos and Videos of The Volcano at The Mirage
For more great attractions and activities on the las vegas strip make sure to see our Fun and Free Things to Do on The Las Vegas Strip Guide.